Author Topic: The Next Chapter...  (Read 18453 times)

Offline Revydemychan

• Fresh Boarder
Re: The Next Chapter...
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2017, 08:13:48 PM »
that's a good way to go about it, and don't worry about the edited thing,  people make mistakes lol.   I'm guessing your not thinking about DLC yet?

No, way to early to start to talk about DLC. But I can elaborate on how I think, as I have done in the past.

I do not like in-app purchases or small, piecemeal DLC. So, you might see DLC from us further down the road but that is at a much later point in time where the game is "done" and we can respond to community requests for packs of content that would otherwise not be possible to produce for free. But we will *not* hold back content and then sell that as DLC piece by piece. My personal opinion on such practice is that it's just evil and detracts from the immersion in a game. But that's just IMHO. :)

But as long as the game sells enough to financially support further features and content, we plan to add those for free. So if the community votes for multiplayer for example, that will be added for free as long as the game has sold enough that we can afford to add it. :)

See that's how the industry should be.  for me if I'd say DLC later down the line, it be like new equipment or licensed equipment  or a new type of building IE oil rigs or so forth, basically stuff that wont be in the base game but players may want,  and licensed equipment as well is something later on would be great for DLC, albeit that would all depend on how the game does and if said company's are willing to license out their equipment. 

Offline mechazawA110

• Fresh Boarder
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2017, 07:17:07 PM »
Will we be able to change the density of the trees and other debris on map creation?

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
Will we be able to change the density of the trees and other debris on map creation?
Absolutely. :)
Lead Developer of Machine World
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline Floris

• Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you for driving carefully!
    • ATP: 324
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »
Absolutely. :)

I'm totally going to make the most sophisticated forest hut ever.
  •                  
My Machine World videos: MineTimelapser on YouTube

Thank you for driving carefully!

Update 1.5.8 video: Click!

Time flies, but so does my pig

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »
:)

Crunching really hard now to get this done. Last phase of internal beta is underway and we're patching what we find, then it's on to release. In the nick of time as well, as Steam just shuttered the Green Light process in favour of the new Steam Direct which will roll out later this summer. So, thankfully, we got in before the pause!

Anyway, that is why we're "slacking" on the movie front. But I'm aiming to release a few more vids as time permits. Any requests on what they should focus on?
Lead Developer of Machine World
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline mechazawA110

• Fresh Boarder
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »
The dozer for sure. And maybe some more digging or exploration or even different missions to show how they're structured
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:16:17 PM by mechazawA110 »