Author Topic: The Next Chapter...  (Read 19427 times)

Offline Revydemychan

• Fresh Boarder
Re: The Next Chapter...
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2017, 08:56:21 AM »
Progress report!

I'm happy to say that most (if not all) of the remaining known issues are small things. So we're fixing those and preparing Steam launch stuff and some content. The store page should be popping up any day now with a firm launch date.

This is a screen grab from our issue tracker. Red is issues, green is fixes. Keep in mind that issues are not necessarily bugs. A lot of the issues logged are small things like typos or requests for features or improvements. So, we're nearly there!

"requests for features "  I like the sound of that :P    Is MP on that list? XD that's the biggest thing I hear when I recommend the game to friends.

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
No, the feature requests during testing are more along the lines of "it would be nice if there was a shortcut for X, or we need a tutorial for Y". Multiplayer is already on the longer-term wish-list / roadmap. ;)
Lead Developer of Machine World
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline _alfre50

• Fresh Boarder
    • ATP: 3
« Reply #338 on: June 30, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
Progress? You haven't said anything since 3 days ago :/

It's been more than a week since you said there was a week more left...

I really want to play it  :(

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
There will be more info soon and a full-on Steam Page with a release date.
Time is spent on fixing bugs and getting ready for release, which is why I'm a bit quiet, and brief when I do post. ;)
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »
An update before the real Steam Page for Machine World 2 goes live.
We have spent the last few weeks improving the game. We have fixed almost 100 logged issues (which are both bugs and requests for improvements), and feel that we are ready to release soon.

The game will enter Steam as an Early Access title, which will allow you to help us develop the game a direction that the community wants.

For example, if you find certain types of building materials missing, or would like us to focus more on a certain aspect of construction, you will be able to influence that. Also, things like as vehicle tuning, user interface aspects, and so on will also be influenced by the community. Do you want the UTV to accelerate quicker or have a higher top speed? The community will help tweak things like that.

We have almost filled all the content required on the Machine World 2 steam content and will push that live soon, at which point it will have a release date announced. This will also activate the Steam community hub, which be an alternative place to discuss the game for those more at home in the Steam forums.

I'll post here as soon as the Steam page is live. :)

Edit to add: The review by Valve will take 2-3 days before we can publish the game page...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:39:22 PM by Daniel »

Offline Jason705

• Junior Boarder
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2017, 03:39:30 PM »
Thanks for all the information Daniel.  I am looking forward to trying on a system with some real horsepower. 

Has there been any mention of cost on Steam?  Maybe a discount code for us old school members?   ;)