Author Topic: The Next Chapter...  (Read 21953 times)

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
Re: The Next Chapter...
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2017, 06:58:11 PM »
Short status update:
As you know we're in release-crunch-bug-hunt-mode. :)
The only factors determining the exact release date now is when we've fixed the bugs that have been reported and are confident there won't be many more of them. I think we're getting there and am hoping for release very soon. But the coming few days will show whether I'm right.

We have a few more videos to produce as ingame-content so there will be a few more youtube videos piggy-backing on that work. So stay tuned. :)
Lead Developer of Machine World
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
Another short update. In the last 5 days we've fixed more than 25 logged bugs and about the same amount of smaller niggles. We're also been adding more content, and will continue to do so.

While I understand everyone wants the game yesterday, I promise the wait is worth it. The more things we fix before release, the happier you will be. :)
Do you like Machine World? Please rate or review it on the App Store. Thanks! :)

Offline mechazawA110

• Fresh Boarder
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
So are we saying another week to the wait?

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »
Yes. It is very hard to predict when a software product is truly ready. I thought we would have released by now, but I am happy we have fixed the bugs we found before release.
These situations are always hard:
- if you release something too early, you get complaints if/when bugs show up
- if you delay to fix bugs, people become increasingly impatient

You have been very patient though, for which I am thankful. I hope you appreciate that we care about quality and don't just release it until we think it's good enough. :)

Offline mechazawA110

• Fresh Boarder
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »
Thanks. I'll check back in a month. Maybe it will be ready. Who knows

Offline Daniel

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Boarder
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2017, 10:13:46 PM »
Thanks. I'll check back in a month. Maybe it will be ready. Who knows
Thanks for that. :/

Edit to add that I understand the frustration with the delays. I just wish people would understand that they are not on purpose nor are they decided on lightly. Of course I want to hit the release button after years of work. But I also want people to appreciate the game. If we release too early it might hurt the game more than a delay.

On the flip side, IF we had not cared about the product and the experience of our customers, we would have released months ago. But that's not my style. I try to do things properly, so if something is not working right, I'll fix it. If that means a delay, then so be it.

I hope you can understand, appreciate, and support this approach rather than be annoyed with me / us.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:08:22 PM by Daniel »